How to use WROFF for education
Get started with WROFF online education
- Student: The student accepts to be tutored by WROFF
- WROFF shares a Google Classroom with the student, tutor, and guardian. You will receive an invitation by email. The invitation might land in the Spam or Update folder.
- Student and Guardian: You must open the Google Classroom and validate contact data.
- Tutor: The tutor sends an email to the student and guardian to plan when to start and to identify any specific needs.
- Tutor: The tutor invites to the agreed sessions using the Google Calendar in the Google Classroom. Invite student(s) and Parent(s)/Guardians(s). Using Calender invitations eliminate issues related to time zone and when sessions are planed. Invitations are created as reccurring sessions with no end date.
We recommend that you have sessions at the same time and day each week. This makes planning and remembering easier.
Google Account with a non-Gmail EmailOnly for you who wants access the Google Classrom with a non-google email
- Log out of any Gmail account(s) you’re currently logged in to, then open https://accounts.google.com.
- Click the Create Account link below the gray “sign in with your Google Account” box.
- Below the “Choose your username” field, click I prefer to use my current email address link.
- Enter your non-Gmail email address you would like to register with Google.
- Confirm your new account with the email address you provided.
Googe Documents are used for all tutoring material
Collaboration using Google Documents
The tutor and the student(s) type, read and comment on the same Google Document simultaneously. WROFF is all about dialogue and collaboration. The student must be active and talk 80% of the time.
We use Skype / Skype for Business to talk and chat.
Microsoft Office 365 (*)
Students frequently use Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel at exams and when they are collaborating and delivering assignments. At WROFF, we tutor in the subjects using the tools from Microsoft. Mastering the tools give you valuable extra time at exams - time you can use on improving your exam result. So, you will not have to spend valuable time on how to write a mathematical equation.
(*) The license must allow you to share and collaborate on documents created by WROFF. Some companies and institutions have implemented policies which only allow collaboration and document sharing with people in their own company or institution. Other policies may have been enforced. If you have questions please feel free to contact us on email@example.com.
We have created a test document. Use this link and edit the document. If you can edit the document in Word (not the online version) your license should be fine. (Link)
Timezone and invitations to sessions.
The tutor invites to the sessions using online calendars. Online Calendars, such as Google Calendar, show the correct timezone to all participants. Also, the student(s) and tutor can create alerts. The tutor invites and the students must accept to confirm participation.
Protection of data
Students have a Google Classroom with their documents.
Students using Microsoft Office 365 may have their documents in Microsoft OneDrive
Cancelation policy. Also valid during vacation periods
You are welcome to change the time and date. However, the student must pay the full amount if time is changed less than 48 hours prior to the session. This cancelation policy is also in effect during vacation periods, such as Christmas etc. Our tutors and students are often located in different countries with different vacation periods and traditions. You can not assume that the tutor or student is familiar with your vacation plans. Some students use vacation periods to boost their learning and have more sessions.
Legal: All communication and work between parties of WROFF (parties are, but not limited to, clients and their affiliates and partners, students, freelancers, experts, tutors) must be approved by WROFF. firstname.lastname@example.org must be CC'd or BCC'd on all email communication. All direct and/or indirect payments must go through WROFF and no payments directly between the parties are allowed. No party must use or share contact data without the written approval by WROFF. The above applies when working and/or serviced by WROFF and a period of two years after the job has ended. If you are a parent or guardian, you are responsible for your child’s or teenager’s use of WROFF products and services, including purchases. WROFF is not responsible for work, activities or behaviour by freelancers used by WROFF. Maximum liability by WROFF is 2.000 dkk. Our tutoring activities have a 48-hour cancellation policy. If you cancel less than 48 hours prior to your session, you must pay the full amount.